At Henley Bank High School we all believe that every child can achieve greatness, fulfil their dreams and live happy and successful lives regardless of prior attainment or life experience. We support our teachers to become the best versions of themselves so that our students in turn are inspired to be curious, challenged to be successful and supported to step outside their comfort zones. We know that successful young people are not just made in classrooms; they are built in theatres, on pitches, tracks and courts and in galleries.
We also happen to get great results.
Want to join us?
Henley Bank High School is a small secondary school on an incredibly exciting journey. Since opening on January 1st 2018 we have become one of the most improved schools in Gloucestershire, a trend that is forecast to continue again this year and beyond. Our growth demands us to scour the Nation`s talent to find the next generation of teachers to join our journey.
Our formula for success:
- Disruption free classrooms where both teachers and students thrive
- We sweat the small stuff - uncompromising high standards in all that we do
- A teaching leadership team at the coldface with their colleagues
- A teaching headteacher who is as passionate about developing his classroom practice as he is in the leadership of his team
- Effective and fair centralised systems that liberate teachers to focus all their energy on planning and teaching great lessons
- We take pride in building great relationships with our students
- A culture that understands the importance of character as well as exemplary qualifications
- We are proud of what we are achieving and welcome parents, carers, local community and colleagues from schools around the country to tour our school
- A commitment to literacy - we read challenging novels to our students every morning of every day and the impact on their enjoyment of learning is inspiring