ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY
At Henley Bank High School we firmly believe that all students benefit from outstanding school attendance.
To this end, we will do all we can to ensure that our students achieve maximum possible attendance and that any problems that prevent full attendance are identified and acted upon promptly.
In order for an attendance record to be deemed very good, it must be 97% or above.
We expect that all students will:
- Attend school regularly
- Attend school punctually
- Attend school appropriately prepared for the day
We expect that all parents/carers who have day to day responsibility for the children and young people will:
- Encourage regular school attendance and be aware of their legal responsibilities;
- Ensure that the child/children in their care arrive at school punctually, prepared for the school day;
- Contact the school before 8.30am on the morning of each day of the student's absence by calling 01452 863372 and Press Option 1. Parent/carers will need to provide medical evidence to support their child's absence (after 3 days of continued absence), if the school does not receive medical evidence then the child's absence could be deemed as unauthorised. Any unexplained absence is treated as unauthorised, we ask that parents/carers contact the school promptly whenever any problems occur that may keep the child away from school.
Our consequence of poor punctuality:
- If a student is late to school 3 times in a half term, they will receive a social removal the following day.
- If a student is late to school 6 times in a half term, they will receive an APC the following day.
- If a student is late to lessons 3 times in a week, they will receive a social removal the following day.
- If a student is late to lessons 6 times in a week, they will receive an APC the following day.
- If a student is excessively late to a lesson without a valid permission slip, they will be sent straight to APC for truancy.
What does a student do if they feel unwell during the school day?
If a student feels unwell during the school day, the student should inform their class teacher and if necessary they will advise them to report to reception to see a First Aider.
If a student feels unwell during break or lunchtime, they should report to a member of staff on duty.
What do I need to do my child needs to leave early for an appointment?
Confirmation of the appointment needs to be submitted in advance to our Attendance Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Please also provide information on what time your child needs to leave school. Students will be issued with an appointment card that morning, they will be required to go to reception to sign out at the designated time.