Sixth Form Dress Code - Formal Business Wear
The aim – to ensure that all Sixth Formers are dressed smartly, professionally and in a formal business style.
Uniform – Business Wear
- Formal, tailored trousers, a skirt or a dress. Trousers should not be tight-fitting and the skirt/dress must reach the knees.
- A formal shirt or blouse. T shirts, polo shirts and plaid shirts are not acceptable.
- A suit jacket or blazer must be worn at all times around the building. It may be removed during lessons
- Jumpers and smart cardigans can be worn under the jacket. Jumpers must be V neck in order to show the tie.
- Smart appropriate shoes
- Black socks or black / neutral tights
- A Sixth Form school tie or Sixth Form lapel badge - to be provided
- Coats should not be worn in the school
- Hats, winter scarves or gloves should not be worn during registration, in lessons or inside the school buildings or Sixth Form Centre
- No denim jackets
- No black jeans or leggings
- No hoodies (including when worn as a coat or extra layer)
- 1 discrete nose piercing and 1 discrete ear piercing per ear, small studs only
- Hair colours should be of natural hair colour only
These descriptions are to help you adhere to the dress code. We reserve the right to ask students to modify/ change their dress if they do not meet the aims or requirements of the Sixth Form dress code. Sixth Form students inappropriately dressed will be asked to return home to change. This will affect lesson attendance and therefore possibly progress.